• 10回复

[英语]医学英语到底应该怎么学 转载湘雅网 [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
离线hehehe

发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 0楼 发表于: 2005-12-11
as for me, I should say I am very fortunate that I have very good teachers BaiYongquan and Nie Wengxin___ they are the translators of the “Cecil textbook of medicine”20th. And we have the medical English lessons at the 3rd year of my collage life. But all of the lessons, training is far than enough for my daily use. Even now, the daily reading is still a “hard-bone” for a “lazy dog” as me. There is no way to enlarge my vocabulary but long term reading, reading, reading…in order to remember the bones, muscles, nerves, metabolizing…I drawing the picture, taking the notes, suffering long time listening…Different people have different way of thinking and the suitable method is different too. But for most of us, we don’t need to make a living by English alone. Different purpose determines different content. English is just a tool for none English major in their daily work. It is a way that might lead us to a future understanding of latest researches, a free commutation with the experts all over the world and higher stage that we can be better to catch up the changing world.

For most of the postgraduates, technical and article reading should be first. Make a totally understanding towards one’s researching fields is a good beginning for anyone’s career. That is a” huge” task for medicine which will usually cost 1~2 years of hard trying. After that “updating” your knowledge is the homework for every clinic doctor. Besides, if you want to have a future achievement, basic knowledge through out medicine is surely requested. That will be the time to read the latest publication of《Harrison’s principles of internal medicine》(hehehe… that is terrible too) . For those lucky guy who had the totally English origin education… they already had a solid foundation and this is out of their question.

注:这是在我和别人在DXY里讨论时别人的回贴,我觉得写得有一定道理,而且是英文,对大家可能会有帮助,所以特转载到这儿。
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
离线hehehe

发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 1楼 发表于: 2005-12-11
随 机 事 件为表彰你为论坛作出的突出贡献,奖你 29 个啄木币

文字WHEN DO PHYSICIANS USE MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY?

Most doctors, however don't use precise medical terminology when conversing with patients because when patients hear a complex medical description of their illness, they may become frightened rather than assured.

Generally, precise medical terms are used when medical records and letters are completed. They are also used when doctors discussed a patient and when medical materials are published. Knowledge in human anatomy, physiology, pediatrics and other health science help understanding of the medical terms, in turn, knowledge in medical terminology enable the health professionals to communicate on a highly technical level and allow them to read and interpret medical terms in hospital reports, charts and other health environment
离线hehehe

发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 2楼 发表于: 2005-12-11
During my four years in the college, the time I have spent on learning English

is a huge deal, however, when things come to medical English, I found my

knowledge is still poor.

The 1st year was the best time to learn because the courses are few, but I

knew nothing about medicine, when I began to learn medical knowledge at 2nd yea

r, time became precious then.Most of my English teachers are pure teachers

without any clinical practice, so they just told some words but could't teach

you how to use English in the real condition, anyway,it's not their fault,

they have done their best.

Now I am trying to learn it all by myself, though the time is still limited,

and I'm glad to have such a place to communicate tith u guys, it's really a

fortune!Let's go on moving!
离线hehehe

发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 3楼 发表于: 2005-12-11
The medical English which I have studied in college has already forgot.now,I can study
again.thank you very much.I were thinking that in postgraduate-study period I could study it again
离线dsdsds
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 4楼 发表于: 2005-12-11
englishi learning is really a hard-bone.Anyway,its never to old to learn

move on
离线sara
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 5楼 发表于: 2005-12-11
Before,I didn't know the importance of English. Till I learn the textbook written in English,

I realized that English is an essential tool to study.And at the same time,I found my English

was very poor for Medicine. I want to know how to improve my English of medicine very

much. I also want to get help here and I will discuss with you all .Thank you.
离线gud
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 6楼 发表于: 2005-12-12
看不懂
离线ambitiontom
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 7楼 发表于: 2010-07-02
Re:医学英语到底应该怎么学  转载湘雅网