愤怒

无聊

灌水
离线霍普金斯
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 1楼 发表于: 2011-04-16
听力基本不会;词汇语法全选B;阅读刚刚做完,还可以;7选5基本没谱;翻译悲剧了,后面两个没时间做,前面第一个是诗歌,第二个是罗素的警句,单词不大懂,完全采取意译
唯有作文还可
离线luke

发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 2楼 发表于: 2011-04-16
祝考博的师兄师姐们都考个好成绩
山大估计是考的最晚的了
离线raining
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 3楼 发表于: 2011-04-16
回 1楼(霍普金斯) 的帖子
我确信,听力有一个题我会做!
单选嘛,开始我还奇怪怎么这么简单,做了几个题之后全部随机。
阅读不错
排序那个太纠结了,我做了20分钟,,,20分钟啊!!收卷时才发现用铅笔填的答案。。
翻译,读了一遍题后闭着眼自己想象了一个和风细雨鸟儿飞舞的场景,写上了,和诗不搭边,后边全是关于love,,甚至还出现了sex,,我邪恶了~~
作文没写完~~
离线独自等待
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 4楼 发表于: 2011-04-16
最后一个翻译
I have sought love, first, because it brings ecstasy-ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed all the rest of my life for a few hours for this joy. I have sought it, next, because it relieves loneliness-that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the rim of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss. I have sought it, finally, because in the union of love I have seen, in a mystic miniature, the prefiguring vision of the heaven that saints and poets have imagined. This is what I sought, and though it might seem too good for human life, this is what-at last-I have found.
离线raining
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 5楼 发表于: 2011-04-16
What I Have Lived For

Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. These passions, like great winds, have blown me hither and thither, in a wayward course, over a deep ocean of anguish, reaching to the very verge of despair.

I have sought love, first, because it brings ecstasy---ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed all the rest of my life for a few hours for this joy. I have sought it, next, because it relieves loneliness---that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the rim of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss. I have sought it, finally, because in the union of love I have seen, in a mystic miniature, the prefiguring vision of the heaven that saints and poets have imagined. This is what I sought, and though it might seem too good for human life, this is what---at last---I have found.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of men. I have wished to know why the stars shine. And I have tried to apprehend the Pythagorean power by which number holds sway above the flux. A little of this, but not much, I have achieved.

Love and knowledge, so far as they were possible, led upward toward the heavens. But always pity brought me back to earth. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. Children in famine, victims tortured by oppressors, helpless old people a hated burden to their sons, and the whole world of loneliness, poverty, and pain make a mockery of what human life should be. I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot, and I too suffer.

This has been my life. I have found it worth living, and would gladly live it again if the chance were offered me.

译文:

我为何而生
     我的一生被三种简单却又无比强烈的激情所控制:对爱的渴望,对知识的探索和对人类苦难难以抑制的同情。这些激情像狂风,把我恣情吹向四方,掠过苦痛的大海,迫使我濒临绝望的边缘。
     我寻求爱,首先因为它使我心为之着迷,这种难以名状的美妙迷醉使我愿意用所有的余生去换取哪怕几个小时这样的幸福。我寻求爱,还因为它能缓解我心理上的孤独中,我感觉心灵的战栗,仿如站在世界的边缘而面前是冰冷,无底的死亡深渊。我寻求爱,因为在我所目睹的结合中,我仿佛看到了圣贤与诗人们所向往的天堂之景。这就是我所寻找的,虽然对人的一生而言似乎有些遥不可及,但至少是我用尽一生所领悟到的。
     我用同样的激情去寻求知识。我希望能理解人类的心灵,希望能够知道群星闪烁的缘由。我试图领悟毕达哥拉斯所景仰的“数即万物”的思想。我已经悟出了其中的一点点道理,尽管并不是很多。
     爱和知识,用它们的力量把人引向天堂。但是同情却总把人又拽回到尘世中来。痛苦的呼喊声回荡在我的内心。饥饿的孩子,受压迫的难民、被儿女们当作负担的无助的老人,还有这整个充满了孤独、贫穷和痛苦的世界,都是对人类所憧憬的美好生活的无情嘲弄。我渴望能够减少邪恶,但是我无能为力,我也难逃其折磨。
     这就是我的一生。我已经找到它的价值。而且如果有机会,我很愿意能再活它一次。
[ 此帖被raining在2011-04-16 23:01重新编辑 ]
离线raining
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 6楼 发表于: 2011-04-16
第二个翻译:The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge  are necessary, love is in a sense more fundamental, since it will lead intelligent people to seek knowledge, in order to find out how to benefit those they love. Delight without well-wishing may be cruel; well- wishing without delight easily tends to ome cold and little superior.  

美好生活由爱来激励,受知识指导。.....尽管爱与知识都必要,但在某种意义上爱更重要。因为爱会引导聪明的人去寻求知识,看看怎样能使他们所爱的人得益。...没有善良的愿望的喜悦可能是残酷的;没有喜悦的善良容易变得冷漠和傲视一切。  
离线raining
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 7楼 发表于: 2011-04-16
第一个翻译:The sky, now overcast and sullen, so changed from the early afternoon, and the steady insistent rain could not disturb the soft quietude of the valley; the rain and the rivulet mingled with one another, and the liquid note of the blackbird fell upon the damp air in harmony with them both. (Rebecca )                                                                

     天空这时黑云密布,阴阴沉沉,和下午三、四点钟的时候大不一样,雨又不住地下着,但这却惊扰不了山谷的静谥;雨声和溪水声交融在一起,画眉的婉转的曲调在湿润的空气中回荡着,和雨声,溪水声相应和。 《蝴蝶梦》
overcast是阴沉的意思,,blackbird 我真想翻译成乌鸦~~
[ 此帖被raining在2011-04-16 23:14重新编辑 ]
离线yaoyao
发帖
啄木币
鲜花
只看该作者 8楼 发表于: 2011-04-16
回 1楼(霍普金斯) 的帖子
你不是早就转博了 ?
离线霍普金斯
发帖
啄木币